The Annual Trip Odometer Reset (2023)

Resetting the Trip Odometer: A Year in Review (2023)

Before the world-famous New Year's Eve "ball" completed its descent in New York City, heralding in the arrival of 2024, I went out to my Eclipse and completed my annual trip odometer reset. 

Although the car is in storage now, 2023 was the first time I've really been able to drive it, and I put more than 500 miles on it! Most of these miles were making memories with my wife and son. It was a challenging year for us, with unemployment and general job instability looming like a shadow over every other bright spot. Still, those miles were truly something special, an indestructible moment of calm, relaxing bliss with the soft blur of small-town city lights streaking past the side windows and the amber summer sky melting into soft purple and blue hues. Those summer nights were truly magical.


In addition to short drives, we took the car to a few small car shows hosted by our local Culver's restaurant, and, while the car is a LONG way from being truly show-worthy, we had a great time anyway, dancing across the warm asphalt parking lot and scarfing down delicious food. 

The car didn't net a lot of attention at the shows, but throughout the summer, it did receive some admiration from enthusiasts. To everyone who initiated a conversation over it, thank you. :)

As I write this, the stable employment concerns I faced in 2023 haven't abated, but I am still looking forward to 2024 with cautious optimism. If all goes well, I will be able to make additional strides on the maintenance front, but at the very least, I will add some gems to my part collection to keep the car serviceable and to make progress in the future. Stay-tuned for more updates, and be sure to check out my YouTube channel for more great content around the Mitsubishi Eclipse.

My Eclipse at a Culver's Car Show in early summer 2023. Notice the hazy background? This was a common feature of Michigan's skies throughout the summer, thanks to immense wildfires.


What were your favorite moments with your car in 2023, and what are your plans for 2024? Drop a comment below, and thanks for reading!

Want More Content?


Join me as I experience driving my car for, essentially the first time in my previous post: My Happy Place

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more great content!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standard Equipment: 1995-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS vs GS​

1997-99 (2GB) Eclipse Front Bumper Cover

420A Motor and Transmission Mounts